Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins
Muffins have been my jam as of late. I make them at least once a week. Is it because they are so versatile? Is it because they are easily "healthified?" Is it because I am searching for fun things to try in the kitchen? All of the above.
This recipe uses pantry staples and produce/fridge items that have a long shelf life. The only ingredient in these that goes "quickly" is bananas, and bananas have a very long shelf life. Right now, when trips to the grocery store are limited and stressful, it's beneficial to keep ingredients on hand to create healthy, quick and delicious foods. They're super easy to grab if you're on the go or are looking for a small bite in the AM. Enjoy!
2 cups oat flour - I blend GF rolled oats into a flour using my Nutribullet.
2 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large ripe bananas - mashed
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips - I love these from Enjoy Life
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease muffin tun or line with muffin cups - I am in search of a reusable muffin cup, let me know what you use!)
3. Mix all dry ingredients (oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt)
4. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients (coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract)
5. Mix wet ingredients, dry ingredients and the mashed banana.
6. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
7. Pour into muffin tin.
8. Bake for 15 mins or until cooked through and browned.